Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Discussion Panel Lecture
While talking about the book "Antigone" by Sophocles we got into several groups and then talked on a discussion panel with our members just like they do on the news with experts. I liked this lecture because it helped me with my slight fear of talking in front of many people while front and center. Within our group we split up into two sides debating two different aspects of the antagonist Creon. We debated whether or not we thought Creon's anger was due to his power or because that's just the way he is as a character. This was a great debate which went naturally and did not sound like we had everything written down for us to speak. I really enjoyed "Antigone" so personally I think that having a good connection with the book helped me speak passionately and naturally while debating with my classmates. I would love to see more discussion panels in other classes just like the one we did in English 102 because it will help students learn to talk in front of people and help them learn to speak naturally while debating in groups.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment